Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Rain, Rain, Go Away

Today I am sure every kid in Duval County was please to have the day off (it's ok to be honest and say you would rather be home than in class with me). I have to say I wished we were there even though I got a lot done around my house. We had a great first two days of class and were starting to get into our daily routine on Tues. I hope that we can just pick up where we left off when we get back. So now that everyone is home for at least another day I challenge anyone to one of the following: read a book and write a short response to the book or write a short sharing events story about what you did during the storm. If you bring it in on our first day back, you will get something special!!

Here is my short story about Day 1 of Tropical Storm Fay:
This morning I awoke to a dark house and the sound of rain. I love to sleep when it is raining outside but I knew I had to get up. I did some work and read my new book that I haven't had time to read over the last two weeks. After lunch I went to a friend's house. She is a principal so she had the day off too. Then Matthew and I went to the gym. I was tired by the time we got home. Before I knew it Matthew was asking about dinner ~ he wanted pizza. I couldn't say no to that idea! By the end of the day I was ready for bed. It was a pretty good day after all.

No comments: